The Maryland Regional Neonatal Transport Program supports the mission statements of Johns Hopkins Children's Center and University of Maryland Medical System to provide comprehensive care and health care education to the community by:
- Promoting the physical health of the neonate.
- Initiating or continuing stabilization of the sick neonate.
- Collaborating with the multidisciplinary team in evaluating and making recommendations for treatment.
- Acting as an advocate for neonates and their families.
- Transporting the infant in the most safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Promoting an understanding of neonatal problems and their management throughout the hospital, community and state through outreach education, chart reviews, lectures and workshops.