Neonatologists in the division are engaged in a wide range of research studies related to the care of premature and high-risk infants. This research is supported by both the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and private foundations.
Recent and ongoing studies include:
- Prophylaxis of Early Adrenal Insufficiency to Prevent Chronic Lung Disease in Preterm Infants (NIH)
- Delayed Neurodegeneration in the Immature Brain (NIH)
- Delayed Neurodegeneration in the Ventral Basal Thalamus following Neonatal Hypoxia-Ischemia United Cerebral Palsy Research and Educational Foundation.
- Hypoglycemia-induced mitochondrial injury in brain (NIH)
- Virtual Visitation in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (Children's Miracle Network)
- Genetics of Surfactant Disorders
- Mechanisms of Drug Withdrawal
- Neural Mechanisms of Oxygen Sensation