1. Amarasingham R, Diener-West M, Weiner M, Lehmann H, Herbers JE, Powe NR. Clinical Information Technology Capabilities in Four U.S. Hospitals Testing a New Structural Performance Measure. Medical Care, 2006 44(3):216-224.
2. Arrington-Sanders R, Hutton N, Siberry GK. Ritonavir-Fluticasone Interaction Causing Cushing Syndrome in HIV-Infected Children and Adolescents. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2006; 25(11):1044-48.
3. Arrington-Sanders R, Yi M, Wilmott RW, Mrus JM, Britto MT. Gender Differences in Health-Related Quality of Life of Adolescents with Cystic Fibrosis. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes 2006; 4:5
4. Auerswald CL, Sugano E, Ellen JM, Klausner JD. Street-based STD testing and treatment of homeless youth are feasible, acceptable and effective. Journal of Adolescent Health 2006; 38:208-12.
5. Butz AM, Tsoukleris MG, Donithan M, Hsu VD, Zuckerman I, Mudd K, Thompson RE, Rand C and Bollinger ME. Effectiveness of Home Nebulizer Education Intervention in Young Minority Children with Asthma. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine 2006; 160:622-628.
6. Butz A. Evidence-Based Practice: What is the Evidence for Medication Adherence in Children? J Pediatric Health Care 2006;20:338-341.
7. Butz AM, Tsoukleris M, Donithan M, Hsu VD, Mudd K, Zuckerman IH, Bollinger ME. Patterns of inhaled anti-inflammatory medication use in young underserved children with asthma. Pediatrics 2006; 118:2504-2413.
8. Butz A, Walker J, Pulsifer M. Shared decision making in pediatric asthma. Pediatric Nursing
9. Caldera, D, Burrell, L, Rodriguez, K, Crowne, S, Rohde, C, Duggan, A. (2007) Impact of a Statewide Home Visiting Program on Parenting and on Child Health and Development. Child Abuse & Neglect.
10. Chen AE, Goldstein M, Carroll K, Song X, Perl TM, Siberry GK. Evolving Epidemiology of Pediatric Staphylococcus aureus Cutaneous Infections in a Baltimore Hospital. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2006 Oct;22(10):717-723.
11. Cheng TL, Brenner RA, Pearson-Fields C, Wright JL. The Spectrum of intoxication and poisonings among adolescents: surveillance in an urban population. Injury Prevention 2006; 2(2):129-32 .
12. Cheng TL, Johnson SB, Wright JL, Brenner RA, Scheidt PA . Assault-injured adolescents presenting to the emergency department: Causes and Circumstances. Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13:610-6.
13. Cheng TL, Markaikis D, DeWitt TG. The Status of Academic General Pediatrics: No Longer Endangered? Pediatrics. 2007; 119:e46-52.
14. Copeland KA, Harris E, Wang N, Cheng TL. Compliance with American Academy of Pediatrics Illness Exclusion Guidelines for Child Care in Maryland: Who follows them and when? Pediatrics. 2006; 118(5):e1369-80.
15. Copeland Linder N, Jones V, Haynie DL, Simons-Morton BG, Wright JL, Cheng TL. Factors Associated with Retaliatory Attitudes among Assault-Injured Adolescents. J Ped Psychology.
16. Copeland-Linder, N. (2006) Stress among black women in a South African township: The protective role of religion. Journal of Community Psychology, 34, 577-599.
17. Crocetti M, Amin DD, Jansson LM. Variability in the evaluation and management of opiate-exposed newborns in Maryland. Clinical Pediatrics. Accepted for publication January 2007.
18. Doherty AD, Shiboski S, Ellen JM, Adimora AA, Padian NS. Sexual bridging socially and over time: A simulation model exploring the relative effects of mixing and concurrency on viral STI transmission. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2006; 33:368-373.
19. Dosreis S, Butz A, Lipkin PH, Anixt JS, Weiner CL, Chernoff R. Attitudes about stimulant medication for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder among African American families in an inner city community. J Behav Health Serv Res, 2006; 33:423-430
20. Duggan, A, Caldera, D, Rodriguez, K, Burrell, L, Rohde, C, Crowne, S. (2007) Impact of a Statewide Home Visiting Program to Prevent Child Abuse. Child Abuse & Neglect,.
21. Ellen JM, Gaydos C, Chung S, Willard N, Lloyd LV, Rietmeijer CA. Changes in sexual networks and repeat sexually transmitted infections among male adolescents and young adults. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2006; 33:18-21.
22. Gaydos CA, Kent CKK, Rietmeijer CA, Willard NJ, Marrazzo JM, Chapin JB, Dunne EF, Markowitz LE, Klausner LD, Ellen JM, Schillinger JA. Prevalence of Neisseria gonorrhoeae among men screened for Chlamydia trachomatis in four United States cities. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2006; 33: 314-319.
23. George-Agwu A, Pasternak R, Joyner, M, Carver C, Francis H, Siberry GK. Nontypeable Haemophilus Influenzae Meningitis Complicated by Hearing Loss in a 9-year-old HIV-infected Boy. AIDS Patient Care STDs 2006 Aug; 20(8):531-5.
24. Gillenwater KA, Sapp SC, Pearce K, Siberry GK. Increase in Tuberculin Skin Test Converters among Healthcare Workers after a Change from Tubersol to Aplisol, Am J Infect Control 2006 Dec; 34(10):651-4.
25. Gurvey JE, Adler N, Ellen JM. Factors associated with self-risk perception for sexually transmitted diseases among adolescents. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2005; 32:742-4.
26. Hernandez, RG, BA Cohen Insect bite-induced hypersensitivity and the SCRATCH principles: A new approach to papular urticaria" .Pediatrics, Jul 2006; 118: e189 - e196
27. Horn IB, Brenner R, Rao, M, Cheng TL. Beliefs about the initiation of toilet training: Are there racial differences? J Pediatrics. 2006;149:165-8.
28. Hutton N, Jones B, Hilden JM. From cure to palliation: managing the transition. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 2006;15(3):575-584.
29. Serwint J, Rutherford LE, Hutton N. Personal and professional experiences of pediatric residents concerning death. J Pall Med 2006;9:70-79.
30. Hutton N, pediatric collaborating editor in Gwyther L, Merriman A, Sebuyira LM, Schietinger H, eds. A Clinical Guide to Supportive and Palliative Care for HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa. 2006; URL: http://www.apca.co.ug/publications/ClinicalGuide/index.htm
31. Jansson LM, Svikis DS, Velez M, Fitzgerald E, Jones HE. The Impact of Managed Care on Drug Dependent Pregnant and Postpartum Women and their Children. Substance Use and Misuse. 2007
32. Jansson LM, Choo RE, Harrow C, Velez M, Schroeder JR, Lowe R, Huestis M. Concentrations of Methadone in Breast Milk and Plasma in the Immediate Perinatal Period. Journal of Human Lactation, 2007.
33. Jennings JM, Luo RF, Lloyd LV, Gaydos C, Ellen JM, Rietmeijer CA. Age-bridging among young, urban, heterosexual males with asymptomatic Chlamydia trachomatis. Sex Transm Infect. 2006 Dec 6; [Epub ahead of print].
34. Johnson SB, Bradshaw CP, Wright JL, Haynie DL, Simons-Morton BG, Cheng TL. Characterizing the teachable moment: Is an emergency department visit a teachable moment for intervention among assault-injured youth and their parents?" Ped Emerg Care. In Press.
35. Kim HS, Malhotra AD, Rowe PC, Lee JM, Venbrux AC. Embolotherapy for pelvic congestion syndrome: long-term results. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2006;17:289-97.
36. Kuo DZ, O'Connor KG, Flores G, Minkovitz CS. Pediatricians' Use of Language Services for Families with Limited English Proficiency. Pediatrics 2007;119.
37. Lehmann CU, Kim GR, Gujral R, Veltri MA, Clark JS, Miller MR. Decreasing errors in pediatric continuous intravenous infusions. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
38. Lenoir CD, Adler NE, Borzekowski DLG, Tschann JM, Ellen JM. What you don't know can hurt you: perceptions of sex partner concurrency and partner reported behavior. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2006; 38: 179-85.
39. Lucas KE, Armenian HK, Petersen GM, Rowe PC. Familial aggregation of fainting in a case-control study of neurally mediated hypotension patients who present with unexplained chronic fatigue. Europace. 2006;8:846-51.
40. Marcell AV, Ford C, Pleck JH, Sonenstein FL. "Masculine beliefs, parental communication, and adolescent males' health care use." Pediatrics. 2007;119(4):e1-10.
41. Marcell AV. "Making the most of the adolescent male health visit Part 2: The physical exam." Contemporary Pediatrics. 2006; 23(6):38-46.
42. Maragakis LL, Bradley KL, Song X, Beers C, Miller MR, Cosgrove SE, Perl TM. Increased catheter-related blood stream infection rates following the introduction of a new mechanical valve intravenous access port. Infect Control Hosp Epidem 2006;27:67-70
43. McDonald EM, Solomon BS, Shields W, Serwint JR, Gielen, AC. Do urban parents' interests in safety topics match their children's injury risks? Health Promotion Practice 2006; Vol 7 (2): 388-396.
44. McDonald EM, Solomon BS, Shields W, Serwint JR, Wang MC, Gielen AC. Do urban parents’ interests in safety topics match their children’s injury risks? Health Promotion Practice. 2006. 7(4):388-395.
45. Miles D, Lanni S, Jansson L, Svikis D. Smoking and Illicit Drug Use during Pregnancy: Impact on Neonatal Outcome. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 2006: 51(7):567-572.
46. Miller MR, Robinson KA, Lubomski LH, Rinke ML, Pronovost PJ. Medication errors in pediatric care: a systematic review of epidemiology and an evaluation of evidence supporting reduction strategy recommendations. Institute of Medicine approval obtained in January 2006. In Press for QSHC
47. Miller MR, Clark JS, Lehmann CU. Computer-based medication error reporting: insights and implications. Qual Saf Health Care 2006;15 208-213
48. Milstone AM, Dick J, Carson B, Siberry GK. Cerebrospinal Fluid Penetration and Bacteriostatic Activity of Linezolid against Enterococcus faecalis in a Child with a Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Infection. Pediatr Neurosurg, in press.
49. Minkovitz, CS, Chandra A, Solomon, BS, McDonnell, KA, Silver, GA, Tonniges, TF. Community Pediatrics: Gender Differences in Perspectives of Residents. Ambulatory Pediatrics, 2006; 6(6); 326-331.
50. Minkovitz CS, Chandra A, Solomon BS, Sanders LM, Grason HA, Carraccio C. Factors Influencing Community Pediatrics Training in Residency. Journal of Pediatrics 2007; 150(2): 119-20.
51. Mudd K, Bollinger ME, Hsu VD, Donithan M, Butz A. Pharmacy Fill Patterns in Young, Urban Children with Persistent Asthma. J Asthma 2006;43:597-600.
52. Olaniyan O, dosReis S, Garriett V, Mychailyszyn MP, Anixt J, Rowe PC, Cheng TL. Community Perspectives of Childhood Behavioral Problems and ADHD among African-American Parents. Ambulatory Pediatrics. In Press.
53. Parsons GN, Siberry GK, Parsons JK, Christensen JR, Joyner ML, Lee SL, Kiefner CM, Hutton N. Multidisciplinary, inpatient directly observed therapy for HIV-1 infected children and adolescents failing HAART:a retrospective study. AIDS Patient Care STDS 2006;20:275-284.
54. Pasternak RH, Geller G, Parrish C, Cheng TL. Adolescent and parent perceptions on youth participation in risk behavior research. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006;160(11):1159-66.
55. Persaud D, Ray SC,Kajdas J, Ahonkhai A, Siberry GK, Ferguson K, Ziemniak C, Quinn TC, Casazza JP, Zeichner S, Gange SJ, Watson DC. Slow Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Evolution in Viral Reservoirs in Infants Treated with Effective Antiretroviral Therapy. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, in press.
56. Pronovost P, Holzmueller CG, Needham D, Sexton B, Miller MR, Berenholtz S, Wu AW, Perl T, Davis R, Baker D, Winner L, Morlock L. How will we know patients are safer? An organization-wide approach to measuring and improving safety. In Press for Crit Care Med
57. Pronovost PJ, King J, Holzmueller CG, Sawyer M, Bivens S, Michael M, Haig K, Paine L, Moore D, Davis R, Miller MR. Web-based tool for the comprehensive unit-based safety program (CUSP) Joint Comm Journal on Quality and Safety 2006;32(3):119-29
58. Rushton C, Reder E, Comello K, Sellers D, Hutton N. Interdisciplinary interventions to improve pediatric palliative care and reduce health care professional suffering. J Pall Med 2006;9:922-933.
59. Rinke ML, Zimmer KP, Lehmann CU, Colombani P, Dover G, Garger C, Miller MR. Patient safety rounds in a pediatric tertiary care center. In Press for Jt Comm J Qual Safety
60. Rinke ML, Shore AD, Morlock L, Hicks RW, Miller MR. Characteristics of pediatric chemotherapy medication errors in a national error reporting database. In Press for Cancer
61. Saluja G, Marquez V, Brenner RA, Trumble A, Cheng TL. Adolescents as victims of familial violence: a hospital based surveillance. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot.
62. Scanlon MC, Miller MR, Harris JM, Schulz K, Sedman A. Targeted chart review of pediatric patient safety events identified by the AHRQ PSI methodology. J Patient Safety 2006;2:191-7
63. Sellers, R.S., Copeland-Linder, N., Martin, P., Lewis, L. (2006). Racial identity matters: The relationship between racial discrimination and psychological functioning in African American adolescents. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 16, 187-216.
64. Serwint, JR, Rutherford LE, Hutton N. Personal and professional experiences of pediatric residents concerning death. J Palliative Med. 2006. 9(1):70-79.
65. Serwint, JR, Thoma KA, Dabrow SM, Hunt LE, Barratt MS, Shope TR, Darden PM for the CORNET investigators. Comparing patients seen in pediatric resident continuity clinics and National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey practices: A Study from the Continuity Research Network. Pediatrics. 2006. 7(4):388-395.
66. Siberry GK, Tessema S. Immune Reconstitution Syndrome Precipitated by Bacille Calmette-Guerin After Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2006 Jul;25(7):648-9.
67. Sibinga, EMS, Shindell DL, Casella JF, Duggan AK, Wilson, MH. Pediatric Patients with Sickle Cell Disease: Use of Complementary and Alternative Therapies. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine; 2006 Apr;12(3):291-8.
68. Solomon BS, Bradshaw CP, Wright J, Cheng TL. Examining the relationship between youth and parental attitudes toward fighting: implications for intervention with assault-injured adolescents. J Interpersonal Violence. In Press.
69. Solomon BS, Blashke GS, West D, Pan R, Sanders L, Swigonski N, Willis E, Schwarz D. Residents’ Perceptions of Community Involvement Prior to Residency. Ambulatory Pediatrics 2006; 6(6); 337-341.
70. Tandon, S.D., Parillo, K. M., Jenkins, C.J., Jenkins, J., & Duggan, A.K. (2007). Promotion of service integration among home visiting programs and community coalitions working with low-income pregnant and parenting women. Health Promotion Practice, 8, 79-87.
71. Tandon, S.D., Phillips, K., Bordeaux, B., Bone, L., Brown, P., Cagney, K., Gary, T., Kim, M., Levine, D., Price, E., Sydnor, K., Stone, K., Bass, E. (2007). A vision for progress in community health partnerships. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action. 1, 3-17.
72. Trinh-Chevrin, C., Islam, N., Tandon, S.D., Abesamis, N., Ho-Asjoe, H., Rey, M. (In Press). Using community-based participatory research as a guiding framework for health disparities research centers. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action.
73. Trent M, MPH, Judy SL, Ellen JM, Walker A. Use of an institutional intervention to improve quality of care for adolescents treated in pediatric ambulatory settings for pelvic inflammatory disease, J Adolesc Health, 2006; 39: 50-56.
74. Trent M, Millstein SG, Ellen JE. Gender-based Differences in Fertility Beliefs and Knowledge Among Adolescents from High STD Prevalence Communities, J Adolesc Health, 2006, 38:282-7
75. Velez ML, Montoya ID, Jansson LM, Walters V, Svikis D, Jones HE, Chilcoat H, Campbell JC Exposure to Violence among Substance-Dependent Pregnant Women and their Children. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2006; 30:31-38.
76. Winkelstein ML, Quartey R, Pham L, Lewis L, Lewis C, Hill K and Butz A. Asthma Education for Rural School Health Personnel: Resources, Barriers, and Outcomes. Journal of School Nursing, 2006;22:170-177.
77. Zimmer KP, Walker AR, Minkovitz CS. Maternal and Child Factors Affecting High Volume Pediatric Emergency Department Use. Pediatric Emergency Care. May 2006; 22(5):301-308.
Reviewed Articles & Reports:
1. Arrington-Sanders R, Dyson J, Ellen JM. STDs in Adolescents. In Klausner JD, Hook EW, eds. Current Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (In-Press)
2. Beers LS, Cheng TL. When a teen has a tot: A model of care for the adolescent parent and her child. Contemp Pediatr. April 2006.
3. Chandran A, Heinzen RR, Santosham M, Siberry GK. Nosocomial Rotavirus Infections: A systematic review. J Pediatr. 2006 Oct;149(4):441-7.
4. Advisory Committee on Training in Primary Care Medicine and Dentistry. The Role of Title VII, Section 747 Programs in Preparing Primary Care Practitioners to Care for Underserved High-Risk Groups and Vulnerable Populations: 6th Report to the Secretary of the Health and Human Services and the Congress, 2006. Cheng, TL.
5. Dudas R, Serwint J, In brief: retropharyngeal abscess. Pediatr Rev. 2006 Jun;27(6):e45-6. Review.
6. Marcell AV and Bell DL. "Making the most of the adolescent male health visit Part 1: History and anticipatory guidance." Contemporary Pediatrics. 2006; 23(5):50-63.
1. Jones M, Jones S. Great expectations: Baby's first year. Contributing editor-Crocetti M. Sterling Publishing, New York [in press]
2. 2006, Harold P. Lehmann, Patricia A. Abbott, Nancy K. Roderer, Adam Rothschild, Steven F. Mandell, Jorge A., Ferrer Robert E. Miller, Marion Ball (eds). Aspects of Electronic Health Record-Systems (2ed). New York: Springer.
3. Marcell AV. "Chapter 12: Adolescence." Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. Ed. Kliegman RM, Behrman RE, Jenson HB, Stanton BF. 18th Edition. in press.
4. Marcell AV. "The Adolescent Male." In Clinical Men's Health: Evidence in Practice. Ed. Heidelbaugh J. First Edition. in press.
5. Trent M. Adolescent Pregnancy and Contraception, In Oksi’s Pediatrics: Principles and Practice, 4th ed, McMillan, DeAngelis, Feigin, and Warshaw (eds.), Lippincott Williams, & Wilkins, 2006: 566-73.
6. Williams A, Trent M. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Conns’ Current Therapy 2007, 59th Ed, Rakel RE, Bope ET, and Conn HF (Eds.) Saunders, 2007: 1255-57.
1. Cheng TL, Szilagyi P. Leadership in Academic General Pediatrics. J Pediatrics. 2007, in press.
2. Ellen JM. Human immunodeficiency deficiency virus prophylaxis for sexual assault survivors: what we need to know. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine 2006; 160: 754-755.
3. Kuo DZ. Trust is a Two-Way Street: Lessons Learned from a Dying Child. Ambulatory Pediatrics 2007. In press.